Sledge Hammer is a fast-paced, turbo-charged hybrid action game combining speed and combat to deliver the ultimate racing experience. You will take on the role of Jack Hammer, a rough and tumble, take no prisoners war veteran with a thirst for blood and vengeance.
Crash, bump, and slam your way through the madness! Now is your chance to release your aggression - on anything and everything that gets in your way! In Sledge Hammer, you will go against multiple vehicles all trying to smash you to pieces. Use your skill to outsmart competitors, taking advantage of an awesome arsenal consisting of mines, rockets, disc launchers, plasma guns and more!
- Destruction - You drive a heavy truck, equipped with the most devastating weapons known to man, including machine guns, mines, rockets, disc launchers and more. You can blow up and smash your enemies, destroy objects, and drive over pedestrians. Your truck and your enemies' vehicles get blown to pieces, deformed, and lose parts.
- Diverse gameplay - The game offers a variety of game modes, each requiring special skills. Some of the modes are:
- Armed Race
- Traffic Attack
- Demolition…and more
- Transformation - You can drive fast in Race mode or shoot up your adversaries in Battle mode. Transform at any time to uncover your truck’s full potential. You don't just drive and shoot in this game; you have to think strategically and act fast. Every situation may be solved differently, either by using force, speed, maneuverability, or by a clever combination of the three.
- Feed your rage - Drive dangerously and destroy enemies to fill up the Rage Meter. When full, spend it on temporarily boosting your speed or on devastating Special Shots.
- Modes of play – The single-player campaign consists of 5 chapters, each with 5 to 10 levels. There are 6 main game modes: Lap-race, where you can race or destroy adversaries (5 levels); Diehard, where adversaries will strike back (6 levels); Arena, where you have to survive the longest you can with multiple enemies (3 levels); Slalom, where you have to collect as many bonuses as you can (4 levels); Traffic attack, where you crush traffic cars to gain time bonuses (5 levels); Knockout race (3 levels), etc. There are also 5 “boss battles” - each being a recollection of gameplay or introducing a partially new mode of gameplay.
- Multiplayer mode - There are 2 MP modes, similar to the single-player modes: Arena and Circular Race. Both modes may be played with friends or with AI.