In the massively multiplayer online game WAKFU, players have to use the skills and smarts to survive, battle and build in a virgin universe. Characters fight fierce fauna and flora using magic, martial arts or new technologies. They also have to build cities in a virgin universe while preserving nature from destruction. Thanks to a universal and intuitive language, players will interact to create alliances or to take part in fights that will have a direct influence upon the universe.
The story of Wakfu takes place a long time after that of DOFUS. An ogre named Ogrest gathered all the six Dofus and gained boundless powers. The ogre offered his beloved the dragon eggs. But she turned down the present though worthy of the gods themselves, and Ogrest started shedding tears of rage and pique. The tears of the ogre made the ocean level increase so much that parts of the World are now submerged to the inhabitants' great displeasure. Now gods and heroes of the World are starting a new adventure before reaching Ogrest and confront him in an ultimate fight!
- Freedom of Choice: Players can choose to be an insanely-strong warrior, a magical healer, an assassin or even a summoner of plants or animals, among several other playable character classes, each with a total of 25 spells.
- Strategic Gameplay: The turn-based, tactical combat system challenges players to size up their opponents and think their way through battles
- Evolving Environments: In WAKFU, a player's actions affect the environment. If they kill a monster, it might be gone for good, and if they mine an ore, it might never appear in the game again. Players will have to carefully choose when they should protect or exploit their environment's natural resources
- Dynamic Challenges: Unique, area-specific quests keep players entertained as they adventure through the various parts of the world
- Wicked Humor: Players will notice an unusual sense of humor, as WAKFU is the only place where they'll find a suit of armor that makes the wearer look like a giant rabbit
- Customizable Characters: Players can bring their characters to life with a robust set of customization features. Purple hair? Check. Grey skin? Check. A far-out hairstyle? Check.
Published by: Square Enix / Ankama Studio
Developed by: Ankama Studio
Number of Players: Unlimited
Release Date: Feb 29, 2012
Available On: PC, Linux, Macintosh
Official Web: http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg