Make Me Proud by Drake Featuring Nicki Minaj

Make Me Proud (Album Version (Edited)) Make Me Proud by Drake Featuring Nicki Minaj




Lyrics:



"Make Me Proud"

[Drake]
I like a woman with a future and a past
A lil attitude problem all good, it'll make shit last
Don't make it too easy girl, don't take it too fast
Yeah, thats it right there, thats it, do it just like that
Only you can do it just like that
And I love it when your hair still wet cause you just took a shower
Running on a treadmill and only eating salad
Sound so smart like you just graduated college
Like you went to Yale but you probably went to Howard
Knowing you, weekend in Miami tryna study by the pool
Couple things due but you always get it done
Might have been a time when I loved her too
But you take that away and you'll always be the one
One, I wonder why the moon looks nice, girl
Maybe it's just right for the night
You said niggas coming on too strong girl
They want you in their life as a wife
Thats why you wanna have no sex, why you wanna protest
Why you wana fight for your right
Cause you don't love them boys
P-ssy run everything, f-ck that noise

[Chorus - Drake]
I know things get hard girl but you got it girl
You got it there you go
Can't you tell by how they looking at you everywhere you go
Wondering whats on your mind, it must be hard to be that fine
When all these muthaf-ckas wanna waste your time
It's just amazing girl, all I can say is
I'm so, I'm so, I'm so, I'm so, I'm so proud of you
I'm so, I'm so, I'm so, I'm so, I'm so proud of you
I'm so, I'm so, I'm so, I'm so, I'm so proud of you

Everything's adding up, you've been through hell and back
Thats why you're bad as f-ck and you

[Nicki Minaj]
B-b-b-bet I am
All of them bitches I'm better then
Mansions in Malibu babblin
And I never mention everything I dabble in
And I always buy? slow when I'm straddlin'
And my shit's so good you gotta paddle in
Gotta ro-ro-row, gotta row ya boat
It's Pink Friday.. and OVO
popped out, I'm the realest deal, best legal team so the deals is ill
It's Mac, OPI and a fragrance too
Apparel, I'm dominating every avenue
Copper stone, good view, lil gravel too
Gotta pay for the entourage travel too
Cause I'm fli-fli-flying high
Aint got time to talk, just Hi and bye

Baby you can ask me to take a break
I'll give it all away, don't care what the people say
I'll be a million, billion, trillion miles away

He asked my sign, I said a Sagg'
I'm a star, Sheriff badge,
Whats the point? If I'm guardin'
Double D up hoes, Dolly Parton

[Chorus - Drake]


Bio:

Known initially for his role as Jimmy Brooks on Degrassi: The Next Generation, Toronto, Ontario, native Drake (born Aubrey Drake Graham) stepped out as a rapper and singer with pop appeal in 2006, when he initiated a series of mixtapes. A year later, despite being unsigned, he scored major exposure when his cocky and laid-back track "Replacement Girl," featuring Trey Songz, was featured on BET's 106 & Park program as its "Joint of the Day." He raised his profile throughout the next several months by popping up on countless mixtapes and remixes, and as rumors swirled about contract offers from labels, he gradually became one of the most talked-about artists in the industry. It did not hurt that he had support from the likes of Kanye West, Jay-Z, and Lil Wayne. By the end of June 2009, "Best I Ever Had," a promotional single, had climbed to number two on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. After a fierce bidding war, Drake signed with Universal Motown in late summer and released an EP (So Far Gone) made up of songs from his popular So Far Gone mixtape. It peaked at number six on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart and won a 2010 Juno Award for Rap Recording of the Year. Thank Me Later, a full-length featuring collaborations with the Kings of Leon, the-Dream, Jay-Z, Kanye West, and Lil Wayne, was issued through Young Money the following year. It debuted at number one on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart and was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America. Still, the artist felt his debut was “rushed”, so its 2011 follow-up arrived with the title Take Care, referencing the increased time and effort put into the album’s creation.

Comments