Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary immerses you in the landmark campaign and genre-defining multiplayer game that helped revolutionize the first-person shooter genre and sparked one of the most iconic science-fiction universes of all time. With a bounty of new features including cooperative play over Xbox Live, a bundle of some of the most beloved multiplayer maps in Halo history reimagined for Xbox Live, new challenges and a new story to uncover, Halo Anniversary compels you to return to return once more to the ringworld of Halo.
Switch between foot-based fighting and vehicle-based attacks, where you can pilot flyers, tanks, or buggies, or man the guns while another squad member drives. Multiplayer action in Halo: Combat Evolved gives players the option of co-op missions or free-for-all shootouts.Features
- Stunningly remastered campaign. Relive the award-winning adventure that defined Halo: Combat Evolved as one of the best games of the decade with breathtaking next-gen graphics and audio remastered for the Xbox 360. Engage in epic-scale battles against the backdrop of the eponymous Halo ringworld, and relive nostalgic memories with the ability to toggle Classic mode to play the original version.
- Online campaign co-op. For the first time, experience the story that started it all with a friend on Xbox LIVE and launch a cooperative assault against the Covenant, whether you live across the street or halfway around the world.
- Classic Halo multiplayer maps reimagined. Wage battle on six detailed remakes of some of the most beloved Halo multiplayer maps of all time, and bring the fight to the Covenant on a stunning and resonant new Firefight map.1 Remastered in the “Halo: Reach” engine and inspired by maps from “Halo: Combat Evolved” and Halo 2, these iconic battlefields reignite the heart-pounding multiplayer action of the original favorites and let you relive epic confrontations like you’ve never experienced them.
- Developed in collaboration with Certain Affinity, the new multiplayer maps are included on the Halo: Anniversary game disc, which means players will not need to own the original Halo: Reach game to play.
- New challenges and enhanced story. Unlock up to 1,000 Achievement points as you clash with online opponents and battle through the campaign, and uncover never-before-revealed backstories told in motion-graphic form that foreshadow new mysteries in the story of Halo 4.
Published by: Microsoft Game Studios
Developed by: Saber Interactive / 343 Industries
Genre: First-Person, Shooter
US: November 15, 2011
Japan: TBA 2011
M for Mature: Blood and Gore, Violence
Available On: PC, Xbox, Macintosh, Xbox 360
Also known as: Halo