America is lost. Four years after the epic conclusion of Resistance 2, dishonorably discharged Sentinel Joseph Capelli is in hiding from the invading Chimeran menace with a pocket of survivors, including his new wife and young son. But when Dr. Fyodor Malikov arrives with a desperate plan, he sets into motions the events of Resistance 3, the third installment in the popular full-featured first-person shooter series. Resistance 3 is created by critically-acclaimed developer Insomniac Games exclusively for the PlayStation 3 system.
Set in a brutal, alternate 1950s universe, America has been successfully conquered and destroyed by the deadly Chimeran race, forcing the last remaining human survivors to seek refuge in hiding. Players must take on the role of Joseph Capelli, the last surviving Sentinel from a clandestine military program, as he comes out of hiding to journey across a land of ruin in a heroic fight for survival against the merciless Chimera. In addition to an epic single-player campaign, Resistance 3 offers two-player online or split-screen co-op through the single-player campaign, and a new, focused progression-based multiplayer experience.
- Journey as mankind's last hope, Joseph Capelli, across a devastated America, making your way from Haven, Oklahoma to New York City.
- Resistance 3 returns with a fully loaded arsenal of innovative weapons, including classics like the Bullseye, Auger, Rossmore, and Marksman, and increase the firepower of each with a new weapon upgrade system. With the return of the fan-favorite weapon wheel, players now have access to the entire sandbox of weaponry, giving them strategic choices for any situation they encounter.
- Engage smarter and more agile Chimeran enemies – due to Insomniac's new awareness and cinematic traversal technology that gives the Chimera the ability to traverse any environment to reach you: nowhere is safe. Newly evolved Chimeran species - such as the powerful, leaping Longlegs - are larger and more deadly than ever.
- Two-player online and local/split-screen co-op gameplay allows players to team up with a friend during Capelli's journey to New York.
- A new, more focused, progression-based multiplayer experience builds on Insomniac's multiplayer pedigree, while allowing players to take part in the global resistance by battling in locations set around the globe.
- Resistance with support the PlayStation Move and the Sharp Shooter and will be playable in full Stereoscopic 3D,
- Resistance 3 features a 16-player multiplayer mode where players compete 8-on-8 in a series of Human versus Chimera deathmatch and objectives based competitive matches.
- Multiplayer matches take place in locations around the globe, introducing players to the effects of the global Chimeran evasion.
- Fight for survival on multiplayer maps inspired by fan-favorites from both Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2.
- Resistance 3's new, progression-based multiplayer experience allows players to create their own progression paths, earning points to spend on customized loadouts for their own unique playstyle.
- New Human- and Chimera-specific kill-streak Beserks reward players with unique special powers, such as an energy riot shields for Humans, or a temporary mutation into a fearsome Chimeran Ravager for the Chimeras.
- Players can level up new active tactical abilities such as dropping Ammo for allies, deploying bubble shields, or creating a doppelganger to absorb enemy fire.
- New passive support abilities include the ability to enhance hip-firing accuracy, firing rate, clip sizes, as well as players' starting load out.
Published by: Sony Computer Entertainment
Developed by: Insomniac Games
Genre: First-Person, Shooter
Number of Players: 1-16
US: September 6, 2011
Exclusively on: PlayStation 3
M for Mature: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language
Also Known As: Resistance: Fall of Man 3